Tuesday 7 March 2017

Ode to Alice

As the now famous song goes, someone recently asked me who Alice is. I chose to respond here in a somewhat non conventional manner.
Alice is:
The sunshine in Summer,
The soft rain in Fall,
Alice is a jewel deep within my soul.

She's in all of my thoughts, she drives my intentions,
This jewel I prize more than all my possessions.

The rarest of flowers that this world has seen.
Full of grace and beauty without and within.

Bright beams of sunlight do make up her hair
And her soul's as pure as the fresh mountain air.

A mysterious world I wish to explore
For years to come, maybe even more.

The loveliest star that ever has shined,
Her touch is as warm as the gentile spring wind

She raises my soul to ever new heights,
Alice brings me warmth in the cold winter nights.

Alice is my, soul and even though we're apart,
My thoughts go to her with every beat of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment